It was such a delight at Writers Group today to see Past Imperfect on multiple screens – Ipad, Kindle, Kobo. All my colleagues with readers had downloaded it. What a thrill! It is available free on Smashwords for a short period – http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/301384
After that it was on with the business of critiquing each other’s work. We had a big load today – everyone present contributed material for comment:
- There was the first chapter of a new novel – a sequel to Nene Davies’ first book Distance, which will be e-published by Really Blue Books next month. The new book with a working title of Further promises another great read.
- Another was an American-based YA novel that is moving along well – in our humble opinions, quite brilliant.
- A wonderful short story – humorous and full of characters we’ve all met and wish we hadn’t.
- Memoir chapter of life in the 1950s in rural Australia by a young English migrant – real social history there.
- The first chapter of a story destined for the education sector about a wartime mystery – a couple of youngsters have a project on hand to follow an emotional trail.
- And a chapter from the end of my second novel Present Tense – set in Amsterdam after the medical evacuation of a humanitarian aid volunteer from Africa.
Lots of laughs, constructive comments and helpful discussions. And a wonderful lunch afterwards as four of us have birthdays just past or imminent.
I’m also posting on my new website – http://www.winfredadonald.com